Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Cynicism zindabad

Cynicism is so common place these days that I have begun to believe it is being overrated. I’m a cynic, but it disturbs me when I see a host of people like me. I’d like some exclusivity, at the risk of asking for too much. So, it really annoys me when I keep bumping into people who sound like me, make the same remarks and pick on the same things. What are we being cynical about? Are we sceptical about our jobs, our relationships, our neighbours or our dear politicians? In short, about life itself. I’d hate to take away the charm it holds by dissecting the term, but I was just idly wondering where the hell we are headed. Seems like dissatisfaction is the latest among the most sought-after destinations. Makes me feel great on good old Independence Day.

1 comment:

Chandrahasa Reddy said...

Be the change you want to see in the world.
-Mahatma Gandhi