Monday, January 09, 2006

Mercy killing

dont walk away from me......
stop-
you know i will follow you.
i'm chasing you in this maze;
o! this familiar maze!
how many times have we passed this?
these memories engulfing me like quick sand.
o stop!!!
i have to reach you!
i have to kill you!
stab you-bury you in a site i will never visit.

o! i beg you!
do not drag me into this meander
of dreams,aspirations and ideals-
all gone.
stabbed,dead,buried.

there-got you!!
packaged and delivered, you will be
to the desolate site awaiting you.
i shant look at you again.
not until weariness derides me
till then-
off you go my darling
far,far from the maddening crowd.

3 comments:

The Furobiker said...

is it that u are running away from something you love or is the tone of poem pessimistic????

Amitha said...

u could call it pessimistic because i'm trying to destroy smthg i love simply because i don think it can exist....or more like that was the state of mind when i was writing the poem

The Furobiker said...

so, i got it right...almost...
never mind...n the post n my blog was not a personal query.. it was just a paradox.. which i wanted ppl to bang their grey cells upon...