Thursday, December 01, 2005

A Lovelorn Woman

i'm sitting in the park
wondering what to do next.
i hear the chirping birds
the lush green grass makes me glow
i watch the kids screaming and squabbling
a toddler walks up to me
followed by his mother
i smile-
suddenly i decipher the illusion
the place around me turns to a desert
miles of barren land-
the noise and voices are drifting away.
the sun is furious
the heat seeps through my skin
crying hysterically i look around-
all i hear is a faint laugh.

1 comment:

Madhu B G said...

Enaythamma ninge???? These look so very much like my essays.... except the fact that this is more sensible [:P].... Will someday post my essays on the blog...
On a more serious note.... A nice post.... Really....

I am sitting in the park wondering where to do.....
Its a public park with ppl running arnd but doesnt even have a loo....
As a kid I used to do it whereever I wanted to but now ppl will boo...
I cant take it anymore will do it right here if they cant see they'll move....
I am now s(h)itting in the park wondering what next to do....
Thank you....
Hu Hu
Madhu :)